Training people to manage emergencies
Sharyn Devereux-Blum and Paul Blum from Devereux-Blum Training & Development Ltd welcome you and we look forward to working with you. As a Provider of Solutions, we train your people to take charge in an emergency response, all emergencies can be managed. Sharyn and Paul are experienced trainers and facilitators and they work with you and your organisation to give your people the skills and capability to manage an emergency response. This can include Emergency Management training, peer support and other services as required. Whether it is distance learning (blended learning- workshops & learning experiences); Best practice workshops to upskill; Face to face interactive training and learning/practice experience face to face and planning and facilitating exercises- single/multi-agency, we are ready to listen, tailor and support you further. Training can include NZQA unit standards or not depending on your people and their needs.
Feedback from our valued clients:
Very knowledgeable facilitator who was able to inject their own personal experiences into the theory sessions, making them much more relatable. Thank you for an excellent and well-run course which will be of immense help in my day to day role. CIMS 4 March 2021
A great pace for learning today. Great ability to use real examples from our background to work through in a practical way. CIMS 3 March 2021
- Devereux-Blum Training & Development have been training in the Emergency Management Sector for over 25 years.
- Experienced and knowledgeable trainers who are considered ‘experts’ in CIMS (Coordinated Incident Management System) training. CIMS training is delivered to the content of CIMS 3rd edition.
- Devereux-Blum Training & Development provide training, facilitation and coaching and other services (presentations) nationally and internationally.
- Devereux-Blum Training & Development work with all areas of business (Non-government, State and Public Sector, State and Public Service)
- Devereux-Blum Training & Development work with you, to deliver training, to meet the needs of your organisation. This can be distance learning or face-to-face.
- Devereux-Blum Training & Development are a NZQA Category 1 accredited Training Education Provider on a four-year evaluation cycle. At our most recent External Evaluation and Review we achieved Highly Confident and Excellent in all categories. 2017 – Report of External Evaluation and Review. See our details on NZQA and the standards we are accredited to deliver.
Check out our links for CIMS (Co-ordinated Incident Management System) Business Continuity Planning and other tailored training packages. Click below to hear our trainer Paul speak about how we can help your organisation be prepared for any event:
Why undertake Emergency Management Training?
Are you still in COVID-19 response mode? Are we prepared for another response?
- Emergency Management Training can help your company / business prepare for emergencies. Emergency and non-Emergency events often strike with little warning.
- What steps do you need to take to reduce the impact of, prepare for, respond to and recover from different incidents / response? Whether you are an CEO, Executive, Risk Manager, Emergency Responder, Health and Safety Representative or someone with a genuine interest in emergency readiness and workplace safety, then we encourage you to learn more about our Training Courses.
More in this section…