Training people to manage emergencies
Kia ora and welcome from the team at Devereux-Blum Training & Development Ltd. We look forward to supporting you now and in the future. We are a Provider of Solutions working in Emergency Management in all sectors nationally Government, non-government, State and Public Sector, State and Public Service)
With our 25 years of knowledge, skills and experience we can listen and work alongside you to plan the how, when and what you need for your people and organisation. We have worked with people and organisations for over 25 years and that means we know their organisation well. We work to a standard of excellence from the time we connect with you to ensure our journey together is a positive one.
Our services range from reviewing Plans and Procedures to developing tailored training courses to facilitating desktop/ real exercises to facilitating governance workshops and providing virtual coaching.
We are an NZQA Category 1 accredited Training Education Provider on a four-year evaluation cycle. At our most recent External Evaluation and Review we achieved Highly Confident and Excellent in all categories. 2017 – Report of External Evaluation and Review. See our details on NZQA and the standards we are accredited to deliver.
We specialise in delivering quality Coordinated Incident Management System (CIMS) training courses nationally. If required, we can deliver and assess to NZQA unit standards. CIMS in-house, multi-agency in-house or multi-agency public training courses are training we deliver every week. While face to face is the preferred option for people, we can work a blended delivery approach.
We train people within organisations to lead, manage and respond effectively and efficiently to an incident/ multi-incident response. Working within your own agency or a multi-agency response we can bring our 25 years of knowledge and experience to the ‘learning space’ to meet your needs fully.
Feedback from our valued clients:
CIMS 4 2021
- I really value Sharyn’s style of teaching, coaching and guidance. She adds so much to CIMS. I have, thanks to Sharyn’s teachings, used CIMS successfully in our organisation. December 2021
- CIMS 4 was excellent. I have come back from the 2 day course energised and keen to keep our PIM work progressing. Everyone involved in running the course was hugely enthusiastic about Emergency Management and CIMS. I would certainly recommend the course to people who need CIMS training to level 4. December 2021
- Great course, great trainer and our organisation will be in a better position for it. Thank you.
CIMS 3 2021
- Training was excellent with great explanations of topic matter, overhead images and plenty of group discussions. October 2021
- Very good training which raised interesting points which will require further investigation and thought. CIMS Workshop 2021
- Sharyn and Paul manage the flow of our exercises so well, we always find something new to learn and improve upon. CIMS Exercise 2021
Check out our CIMS (Co-ordinated Incident Management System) Business Continuity Planning and other tailored training packages. Click below to hear our trainer Paul speak about how we can help your organisation be prepared for any event:
Why undertake Emergency Management Training?
Are you still in COVID-19 response mode? Are we prepared for another response?
- Emergency Management Training can help your company / business prepare for emergencies. Emergency and non-Emergency events can occur with little lead in time.
- What steps do you need to take to reduce the impact of, prepare for, respond to and recover from different incidents / response? Whether you are an CEO, Executive, Risk Manager, Emergency Responder, Health and Safety Representative or someone with a genuine interest in emergency readiness and workplace safety, then we encourage you to learn more about our Training Courses.
More in this section…