Training people to manage emergencies
Kia ora and welcome from the team at Devereux-Blum Training & Development Ltd. We look forward to supporting you now and in the future. We are a Provider of Solutions working in Emergency Management in all sectors nationally – non-Government and Government (State Sector, State Service, Public Sector and Public Service).
With our 25 years of knowledge, skills and experience we listen to your training needs and work alongside you to plan the how, when and what you need for your people and organisation. Having worked with people and organisations for many years we provide continuity and reliable support. Our goal is to work to a standard of excellence from the time we connect with you to ensure our journey together is a positive, rewarding one.
Our services range from developing and delivering tailored on-line/face to face training courses/packages, to facilitating desktop/ real exercises, to facilitating Governance workshops, reviewing Plans and Procedures, providing online coaching and much more.
We are an NZQA Category 1 accredited Training Education Provider on a four-year evaluation cycle. At our most recent External Evaluation and Review we achieved Highly Confident and Excellent in all categories. 2017 – Report of External Evaluation and Review. See our details on NZQA and the standards we are accredited to deliver.
We specialise in delivering quality Coordinated Incident Management System (CIMS) training courses nationally. If required, we can deliver and assess to NZQA unit standards. CIMS in-house, multi-agency in-house or public multi-agency training courses are training services we deliver every week. Our ‘blended’ CIMS online training package which includes self-paced online modules followed by a ‘live’ online workshop facilitated by our experienced Trainer continues to be an excellent option in upskilling people and organisations during the pandemic/people working remotely.
We train people within organisations to lead, manage and respond effectively and efficiently to an incident/ multi-incident response. Working within your own agency or a multi-agency response we can bring a depth of knowledge and experience to the ‘learning space’ to meet your needs fully. For more information, contact us
Feedback from our valued clients:
CIMS 4 2021
- I really value Sharyn’s style of teaching, coaching and guidance. She adds so much to CIMS. I have, thanks to Sharyn’s teachings, used CIMS successfully in our organisation. December 2021
- CIMS 4 was excellent. I have come back from the 2 day course energised and keen to keep our PIM work progressing. Everyone involved in running the course was hugely enthusiastic about Emergency Management and CIMS. I would certainly recommend the course to people who need CIMS training to level 4. December 2021
- Great course, great Trainer and our organisation will be in a better position for it. Thank you. December 2021
CIMS 3 2021
- Training was excellent with great explanations of topic matter, overhead images and plenty of group discussions. October 2021
- Very good training which raised interesting points which will require further investigation and thought. CIMS Workshop 2021
- Sharyn and Paul manage the flow of our exercises so well, we always find something new to learn and improve upon. CIMS Exercise 2021
CIMS 3 Online
- The videos were clear and interesting to watch and I understood the content well. Can’t wait to meet the trainer at the CIMS 4 training. CIMS Online February 2022
Check out our CIMS (Co-ordinated Incident Management System) Business Continuity Planning and other tailored training packages. Click below to hear our Trainer Paul speak about how we can help your organisation be prepared for any event:
View our in-house training, public courses, facilitation, coaching, consultancy services that are available nationally and internationally in a timeframe and format that works for your organisation.
An exercise is a simulation of an emergency situation. Training people who are involved in emergency planning and response is fundamental to an organisation’s ability to manage any emergency. Exercises can be discussion based, tabletop or live.
Working with a variety of clients nationally, across many sectors, to develop their capacity to effectively manage emergencies that might be encountered in the workplace. We consult on a range of professional matters to develop resilience across your workplace or community.
Why undertake Emergency Management Training?
Are you still in COVID-19 response mode? Are we prepared for another response?
- Emergency Management Training can help your organisation / business prepare for emergencies. Emergency and non-Emergency events can occur with little lead in time.
- What steps do you need to take to reduce the impact of, prepare for, respond to and recover from different incidents / response? Whether you are an CEO, Executive, Risk Manager, Emergency Responder, Health and Safety Representative or someone with a genuine interest in emergency readiness and workplace safety, then we encourage you to learn more about our Training Courses.
More in this section…